Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Beep-Beep


When our oldest son (Jake) was first learning to talk we were so excited. So, to help him along we would refer to things by the sound that they made. For example, a horse was a "He-he," a cow was a "mooo" and even a popsicle was a "Slurrrpppp." And so on and so on. Even when I was tryng to get around the kids or I needed the kids to move I would say, "Beep-beep..move please" or "Beep-beep.. excuse me." So anyway we have gotten away from most of the other sounds but the "beep-beep" thing has stayed now 2 kids later. I have noticed that Hailey has picked up the phrase and she will use it when she wants to get somewhere and there is something stopping this process. It could be an older brother or an object, she doesn't really care, she just wants to get where her little mind thinks she should go. Sometimes she will even yell the "BEEP-BEEP" if you are not moving fast enough. I know..I know, that must come to a stop.
So today she was sitting at the table eating her lunch while I was sweeping the kitchen and dining room floors. She soon was done and wanting to get down and go into the living room to watch cartoons with Jarred. I had swept the floor into a pile, a pretty big pile I might add, and went to get her down. So sippy cup in hand, she walked by the pile and I was thinking she is gonna walk right through it. She has been told that this is a no-no many times and definitely has gotta into some trouble over these decisions before. As she walked by the little food and dust heap she slowed down and I'm sure her mind contemplated the thought of disobeying. However, she thought better of it and even though her little brain probably said "Don't do it, go around" the words that actually came out was a very casual, "Beep-Beep." And with that she was off to see what her bubba was watching on T.V. Seriously, these kids make me smile!!

4 Comments:

  • Lol I love this!! I was at work while reading this, so of course i should have been doing insurance stuff but instead getting updated on my family! But, anyhow I almost started laughing out loud while picturing her satying Beep-Beep wanting you to walk faster! lol So funny! Anyhow Love you guys!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 31, 2007 at 8:06 AM  

  • I never fail to be amazed at how perfect they can be. She is absolutely gorgeous.
    Gale

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 31, 2007 at 10:19 AM  

  • I love the Beep Beep!!! I can here it now, it just makes sense. Beep Beep get out of my way. I love kids! By the way, she is so beautiful with that mop of red hair and twinkle in her eyes. I love getting on here and seeing everyone's family again.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at January 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM  

  • Mary, I love your blog! It is so funny. The beep- beep story is just to cute. It shows that your little one is growing and learning more every day.
    Chantel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 1, 2007 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home