Thursday, January 18, 2007

"It Will Put Hair On Your Chest......."

So, having a 7 year old and 4 year old boys you can imagine that they want to be JUST like their Dad. Not only do they think he is superman, but they want to hunt with him, work with him, and even look like him. (Actually it is pretty cute..how long to you think it will last?) So, occasionally we use this leverage to convince the boys to eat something they aren't crazy about eating. Rusty likes to encourage them with comments like "Fear Factor it" or " It will put hair on your chest," so wanting their Dad to be pleased and to maybe even make him brag a little about them, they usually will comply. We then cheer for them and whatever needs to be eaten usually makes its way into their mouth and down it goes.
So one thing that Jarred my 4 Year old will turn up his nose to is the crust off bread. It kinda annoys Rusty, but honestly it really doesn't bother me that much, (I'm not crazy about crust either...HeHe). So of course Jarred has heard the little comments around the dinner table many times. The other day my brother came walking in the house at lunch time. He was carrying a burrito that he had bought and he also had come hot sauce that he got as well. Jarred immediately walked over to his uncle to see what he was unwrapping. My brother began to put the hot jalapeno sauce on the burrito and take a bite. He then asked Jarred if he wanted a bite. Jarred asked what kind of sauce that was? Uncle Anthony said "It's jalapeno sauce...Hot!" Jarred immediately said, "No thanks." My brother then said, "Oh, come on...it will put hair on your chest." And to that Jarred simple said " Nah, I'll just eat my crust." This I thought was very funny, was my 4 year old developing that witty sense of humour that I love or was he just choosing the lesser or two evils? Either way it gave my a giggle.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home