Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Little eyes are always watching us

Earlier this evening my husband and I were in our bedroom just chatting away. I was of course at the computer trying to navigate through my new obsession ( my Blog..hehe) and he was laying lazily on the bed watching and of course asking me questions about this new task in my life. Our children, of course, seem to always hover around us most of the time. As they all filtered in and jumped on the bed with Rusty (my husband) we didn't think too much of it. Not soon after, our niece wonders in wanting to join in on the action or at least see where her play mates had scurried off to.
I should inject right here-- my older brother and his cutie pie daughter (Jackie) are TEMPORARY living with us, and so her being only 3 she tends to run with my crew. Hailey (my daughter) and her get along pretty well, of course they have their territorial moments but that is to be expected of any 3 yr old and 1yr old...right? So back to my thought...
As Jackie climbs on to the bed my 4 yr old (Jarred) says, "OHH who's stinky?" So I look at Hailey who is laying next to my husband and think surely not her because I just changed her like 30 mins. ago. So I ask Jackie "Jackie are you stinky?" -another sidebar - She is not yet potty trained just in case you were thinking this story was getting too yucky.--
She, of course, just looks at me. My 1 yr old then gets up and walks clumsily over to Jackie, bends down and smells Jackie's diaper, looks up at me and says "SHEWWW-EEEE."
This of course makes my husband and I laugh. I'm sure she picked up on all the times we have checked her dirty diaper, via the smelling of the diaper, and probably even had that very same reaction to it. It just goes to show you that no matter how small they are, they will pick up even on the little things. So, just a little reminder to all you mommies out there.....they are watching!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home