Friday, January 19, 2007

My Little Mess Maker

Okay, so I know what you are thinking, she doesn't look messy to me. Well you will notice the only clothing on this little one is a diaper and or course her big brother's shoes. Well, no I do not make it a habit out of letting my 21 month old baby run around basically naked in the dead of winter, but honestly I can't keep clean clothes on this little girl today! You will also notice the innocent look on her face, with the hands behind the back act, like I actually believe that she was just simply playing and causing no trouble at all. Yeah Right! Also note the little rag that is thrown at her feet that I'm sure she was using to try and clean up whatever disaster she has just made somewhere. Oh no little girl... this momma is on to you!
I started out my day feeling very lazy and I really had no motivation to get going on the housework and such. Not soon after I am feeling quilty about these thoughts my niece walks in and says,"Hailey made a mess, " in her 3 yr. old slang. I then rolled out of bed to find some of my lotion all over the dining room floor and all over Hailey. She was of course trying to clean it up fast and furiously. I got on to Hailey, changed her clothes, and cleaned up the mess. I then decided to go get on the P/C for a while and soon Jackie came back in and said,"Hailey made a mess again." I again walked out of my room and saw that she was getting into some body spray and playing in the toilet. (This is an on going problem in our house, the toilet issue. Believe me it doesn't make me happy!!) I then again disciplined her and changed her again. I now have motivation to clean so maybe she will stop finding things on the edge of counters or on table tops to get into. Not too long after that Hailey came walking up to me and says," UUGGGGGHH" which in normally the sound I make when she gets into something. I then say what did you do? She then shows me her hands and I walk in to the living room and she has got into the pink strawberry milk powder and poured some on the carpet. I then discipline her and change her clothes AGAIN! So a few hrs go by and no messes are being made so I'm a happy mommy. I'm in my bedroom chatting on the phone and picking up my room and then she comes to me, shirt off and her chest is all wet. I smell her to see what she got into, she had grabbed the pledge and sprayed it all over the coffee table and was cleaning. I guess she thought that I needed a hand. I then told her NO-NO for the like 100th time, swatted her little bottom and put the cleaner where she can't reach. Luckily she is pretty good about not putting thins in her mouth. So a few moments of quite time passed and I was like Okay I know she is into something. I'm grabbing my camera and gonna make a memory out of this busy day. So as you see this is what I came upon. Nothing notable, but I'm sure I just caught her before she acted. Let me tell you one thing, I can't remember that last time I was so excited about nap time!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • She sure keeps you on your toes. Its funny the things they do. She looks so "innocent" in that picture.

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at January 19, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

  • That sweet babygirl cause mischief? No way!! Hopefully its a short lived phase. Roman is a handful too, so I sympathize!

    By Blogger Trina, at January 19, 2007 at 9:41 PM  

  • It's not much consolation I'm sure but Mom says you were pretty similar when you were little, I don't remember but maybe it's because I was the same way as well, however I do remember contemplating a few times when you were little if it would be sooo bad to just tie you up for a little while to keep you out of things.

    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 28, 2007 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home