Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Birthday Treat

Wow..it has been busy!!!!! The weekend was so long overdue that it seemed to speed by and we all came home craving more..hehe..selfish aren't we?? Dennis, Trina's hubby, said that we either should not have gone at all or we should have stayed longer...if we are voting I choose the second!! But we did come home from our fairy tale land of Starbucks runs, mall shopping, hotel sleeping, adult conversations, alone time with hubby, eating whenever and whatever and finally having a ride in a vehicle where the main focus wasn't trying to make a cranky baby happy.
Our Friday started off great. Both families battled sickness with the kids all week so leading up to the big event definitely had its ups and downs. So the fact that we actually departed on the day that we planned to was a small victory for us. We arrived at Seattle about 2:00pm and I was informed that we were right on schedule for the night festivities. As we guided our way through traffic some of the secret was being divulged to me and I was ohhh so pumped. We stayed in downtown Seattle at The Weston. It was so nice and our rooms were so neat, they were in a circular layout that was pleasantly surprising. Here are a couple pics of the the view from my room, don't ask me why but I didn't get any shots of the inside of the room. I must of been giddy from anticipation that my mind wasn't working ..hehe



This was the view looking strait down...I told Rusty that the cranes and trucks looked like the boys' Tonka Toys and match box cars


This was the view looking toward the right..so cool huh?


This was a ferry coming in and I thought it was so neat that we got such a great view from our room!! Dennis said he played the "Birthday card" and I gotta say..Way to go Den!! Loved our view. I wish I could have got some pics of the night when all of Seattle was lit up and we could see the shine that went on forever.....
So we got all fancied up and left the hotel to begin my first official night out as a 30yr old woman..hehe We ate at an amazing restaurant and by the prices I'm a thinking they knew how amazing they were as well. Seriously we are talking a far cry from the normal evening out at Taco Bell..not even close to The Outback and we don't even go THERE very often. However as we kept reminding our selves and each other the rest of the night that it was a "once in a blue moon thing." Seriously we needed that reassurance all night long..hehe
Next was the theatre...Fire On the Mountain.. It was a great musical. The story line was told in such a unique way and the songs and the artists were really amazing. We had a blast and here are a couple of pics of us at the theatre.....


Here is me and my hubby posing before we walked into the play....Isn't he a cutie!!!!



I was just giving him a little kiss for all the hard work he put into planning this big night!
We did have some pics of Trina and me and Trina and Den...but they didn't turn out....hmmmm :-)


After the "planned" part of the night was over we decided to take in a little of the scenery and dabble a little in some of the night life. We traveled by taxi all night long and boy was that an experience. Trina being the caution girl she is actually asked me one time if we were supposed to be wearing our seat belts. I didn't have a clue, but the way this cab drivers were accelerating their speed I was ready to search for one...hehe
And as the night came to an end I was feeling tired and so happy that my great friends had taking time out of their life to spend this special day with me and my hubby. Friends like that are such a rare find and we cherish them.
And as for my hubby....well he is the sweetest, most hard working, lovable, loyal man that I know. He is truly my best friend. The fact that he planned this all for ME made me feel so special. He definitely made me feel like a princess. I mean what can I say but I Love Him!!!
The next couple of days flew by and we did lots of shopping and I found some amazing deals. Sunday night rolled around and even though I loved my time away I was starting to miss my babies and when we went to pick them up I was so happy to see them. There is just nothing like when you walk into a room and your baby's eye light up and she comes running and snuggles into your arms. Pure Joy.
So after all the hype and build up, which it definitely lived up to, sadly the weekend is over. However I am not bothered by this because I have memories that will last me a life time..so I say BRING ON the 30's!! :-)

11 Comments:

  • Awww...it sounds like you guys had such a great time! What a sweet hubby you have to plan all of that for you! How FUN! You 2 are adorable by the way...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2007 at 5:49 AM  

  • Well happy late birthday, and I am so glad you guys had a blast. The view was quite nice.....I need to have my husband read that maybe give him some ideas. hehehe lol

    By Blogger Cherrie, at February 28, 2007 at 6:22 AM  

  • Seriously Mary that was such a GREAT time! Im so glad we got to do it. Planning something that big with this many kids was a great feat in of itself, but we did it! Woohooo! Thanks for the awesome memories!!

    By Blogger Trina, at February 28, 2007 at 8:31 AM  

  • The picture made me miss you both. And you are such a Cute couple Mary. No surprise there.

    And the room with the view of Seattle was spectacular. It also made me miss Seattle. I really felt like that was my home after those years there. Dennis and Rusty planned a great weekend, to never forget.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at February 28, 2007 at 8:39 AM  

  • Welcome to the thirties. I'm glad that you all had such a great time, making memories is so important. You are truly blessed to have these times.
    Gale

    By Blogger meNmykids, at February 28, 2007 at 11:07 AM  

  • It sounds like ya'll had a GREAT time. You and your hubs are SO precious together. And the view was AWESOME. Just a fun time all round!

    By Blogger Nicole, at February 28, 2007 at 11:10 AM  

  • CONGRATULATIONS on a night of pure fun. am so happy for you and Trina. You both are such good mummys. I wish I was there with you two girls. I bet it was great.

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at February 28, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

  • I love Seattle. How exciting and what a special way to spend your birthday. You and your hubby make a very good looking couple. Sharing the time with good friends makes it even more special. I hope you get to do that again.

    By Blogger Nadine, at February 28, 2007 at 8:53 PM  

  • I'm glad you guys had a fun time! Love the picture of you and hubby!

    btw ~ I put my comments on moderation ~ I have to approve them before they appear. Someone posted a nasty comment a while back ~

    Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at March 1, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

  • I'm so glad you had a great time. Those pics of you and rusty are really nice. What memories!! And yes, welcome to the thirties (I can't believe your so young!!) Chantel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 1, 2007 at 12:43 PM  

  • Where is your NEW post?! lol....okay okay...i havent posted again either...lol

    By Blogger Trina, at March 1, 2007 at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home