Monday, February 5, 2007

This Cinderella needs a Tan






















Okay so the big 3 0 is coming up and I can sense that something is in the works. Are my senses that keen, you ask?? Well...no, actually I have dropped several subtle and not so subtle hints letting my hubby know not to drop the ball on this one. And like the wonderful husband that he is he picked up on the clues and is running away with it. I believe that he has enlisted the help of our dear friends, Dennis and Trina, and something is definitely going down. So everything is very hush-hush, which I love. I can't tell you how special they make me feel by going to all this work just to make this day great. I love them!!

So, anyway, the small bits and pieces that I been able to gather is that we are going somewhere and I need a dress for the occasion. Well this got my imagination going and I am so excited. I mean was it gonna be like Cinderella with out the whole mean, ugly step-family thing?? I could go down every fairytale in the book, but only time will tell right?

I mentioned to my hubby that if I was gonna get all dressed up for this day maybe I should tan for the occasion as well. He agreed to the idea so I was set...a tanning I will go. One small problem, finding the actually tanning bed. Now there are a couple of hair salons around that have A tanning bed, I just need to find one that would fit my time frame and budget. So, out I go this afternoon to burn my skin for the good cause of my birthday and looking great in my dress. I pulled up to the little salon and ....dark. Closed. Grrrrreat. No problem I was still motivated, my spirits were still up. On to the next place I thought. Again closed. Sigh. I had one more place to try....

Now this place was special. You see, I mentioned before that I live in a tiny town, you know.. the one with 1 blinking stoplight, so I should be tickled pink that there are at least 2 tanning places available. But I did have one more option left. I drove over to the little building and ...oh, did I say building, I meant HOUSE. Yes, that is right, my last option was out of some one's house. Now to be fair she is also running a hair salon out of it as well, but I'm sure by appointment only. I just couldn't bring myself to just walk up to this lady's door and ask if I could tan in her back room. Just didn't feel right, ya know?? I mean what if I got my info wrong and she was like .."UHHH..What are you talking about??" No I definitely need to remove myself from that potential embarrassing moment. So, feeling bummed, I decided that it simply was not in the cards for me to tan TODAY. But, tomorrow I will again give it my best effort to track down a place that will help this possible Cinderella get a golden tan.

7 Comments:

  • I am excited for you. I love surprises. I hope you have the best night ever. I hope tomorrow your will be looking tanned and ready to go. good Luck

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at February 6, 2007 at 4:45 AM  

  • How exciting mary! I don't even remember what I did at 30 to celebrate. Let us know what happens on your special day this month.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at February 6, 2007 at 7:12 AM  

  • Finding a place to tan around here is definitely a challenge, well at least at the hours that we may want...oh you know like a Monday! LOL
    Remember if you hear a sizzling sound....GET OUT!!!

    By Blogger Trina, at February 6, 2007 at 7:37 AM  

  • Hey Mary,
    Sounds like fun. Not very often ya get to dress up uh? Plus tanning, sounds relaxing. I haven't tanned since senior prom...hehe. Hey was the house "Tangles By Janet" in Pateros? She has a salon with a tanning bed in the back room. That is where I used to tan.

    By Blogger Beth, at February 6, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

  • Happy early Birthday to you!!
    Tanning in the winter is sooo nice and warm! Depending on how fast you need a tan there are a couple of lotions that you can use. I think one brand is Jergans and it works really well and within a week you should have a light "glow" I NEVER have luck with the tanless stuff and my husband has forbid me to even try again, after the last time. Let's just say I wish I woulda stuck with the white legs!!
    For some reason I can not get your new post to show up in my bloglines ~ gonna have to look into that.
    www.raisinglittlewomen.com
    Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 6, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

  • The only surprises I like are birthday surprises. How much fun is that? Hope you tan soon.

    By Blogger Nadine, at February 6, 2007 at 5:36 PM  

  • Sounds like you will have a great birthday. I hope you get your tanning done.

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at February 6, 2007 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home