Monday, February 12, 2007

On the Go!

Well it is 10:38 and I am finally sitting down to post for the day. Ever have one of those days where you feel like you woke up and hit the ground running?? Well that is how my day started and ended, with a little lull patch in between..it feels like I started this day ages ago.
Got Jake up and off to school then I spent a little time on the computer commenting on my ever so funny blogging buddies and then I had to get going cuz today was pre-school day for Jarred. Woke him and Hailey up, going against my number 1 rule never wake a sleeping baby, and dressed and off to school. My hubby called me to inform me that he was leaving soon.. business trip, gone for a couple of days:-( .... and did I have his stuff ready? NO....went home and sorted through the previous clothes mound that was left and had not yet been put away from our earlier trip. Ironed his shirts, definitely not a fan of ironing, and then packed his things up in a nice tidy little suitcase. Then off Hailey and I went to get Jarred from school. Ran a couple of errands and picked my brother and niece up from their apartment so he could make some phone calls, then took them home shortly after. Fed the kids some lunch and changed laundry over..again. Whew...I needed a break. Hailey was cranky from all the running and I was ready for some lazy time. I put her down and vegged out in front of the T.V. for a short spell.
Then it was back at it cuz Jake got home from school and was hungry and Jarred wanted milk and Hailey was waking up and my "me time" was over...I guess I should just be thankful that I got that..huh?
Basically from there it was finishing up laundry, finish unpacking, make dinner, bathing kids, cleaning up kitchen, reading a bedtime story and off to sweet dreams these little ones would go. My house looks like a few closets exploded and my floors look like I don't even own a vacuum cleaner. Didn't I just pick up this toy? Didn't I just wash this shirt? Who am I kidding, cleaning.. it is a vicious never ending cycle. Sigh. Wow being a single parent is definitely something I do not envy..no fun. I still have 2 more days and nights of this....Good Gravy!

8 Comments:

  • I hate house cleaning. I need a majic cleaning fairy. You dont know where I can get one so you.LOL

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at February 13, 2007 at 5:06 AM  

  • LOl Its surpose to be Do you not so you. See Im tired from all my house sleaning.LOL

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at February 13, 2007 at 5:07 AM  

  • Its surpose to be cleaning not Sleaning.LOLOL I give up.

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at February 13, 2007 at 5:08 AM  

  • Cleaning house over and over and over again. It is so never ending. Sometimes you just have to be lazy and turn on some music and go with the flow of the day. Especailly when toddlers are involved.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at February 13, 2007 at 6:53 AM  

  • Cleaning house with small children is like a black hole. cleaning house with older children is like a black hole. Sorry it doesn't get better - except in the middle there they had chores (before they started having jobs and being over 18). One good thing they do their own laundry and clean their bathroom - I thank God for the little things.

    By Blogger Nadine, at February 13, 2007 at 7:10 AM  

  • Ohhh the never ending job of raising our beautiful little families, and yes we are very blessed to have amazing husbands and fathers for our children. Life would be VERY different if we were single.

    I hope you snagged yourself a chai for all your trouble Missy!

    By Blogger Trina, at February 13, 2007 at 7:54 AM  

  • Mary I miss you and need you!!! Dont forget mE.

    Love,
    Teresa

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at February 13, 2007 at 12:58 PM  

  • Oh the joys of house cleaning. hehe You are right..single parenting is NOT easy. My hubby was gone for 2 weeks recently & I just about DIED.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 13, 2007 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home