Sunday, February 11, 2007

Our Weekend

Home at last...Funny didn't I just start out the previous post with the exciting chant that we were out of here and how the trip was gonna be glorious and many memories were sure to be made?? Isn't it funny how when want something bad enough ( this case an excuse to get away for the weekend) you can make anything seem fantastic in your mind. Kinda the dreamy stary, eyed look until you are in the middle of it and you look at your hubby and say "Ohhh.Yeahhh. I remember now....."



Let me go back for a moment and start out by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids...seriously love them.

Now, with that being said... I now know why the good Lord gave man the idea to build multi-room houses..parental sanity, and for that I am thankful. 4 kids ( We had our niece with us) who are 7 and under with 2 adults in 1 room, for 2 days 2 nights, with shopping ( no stroller) at the mall included...need I say more? I am sure you all can do the math. I not even gonna mention the lovely 2 hr car ride over and back.

Now I think my kids are pretty well behaved and really it wasn't so bad. We stayed in some pretty nice hotels ( thank you priceline..thank you Dennis) and they weren't running crazy screaming through the halls terrorizing the elderly or anything. Hehe..nothing even close to that. But once the doors were closed all the energy that was pent up was released and boy there was a lot going on. Jake and Jarred of course were all pumped up from watching their favorite "big boys" wrestle and so they thought they could do those very same moves on each other ..surely they could right?? So, yep you guessed it, our lovely made hotel beds now became 6x6 wrestling mats, except when they went out of bounds..they made a louder thud. Hailey and Jackie found all sorts of exciting things to do with toilet paper, seriously I didn't know it had so many functions. I think I probably set some sort of record for repeat phrases such as.."stop that..I said no..go to sleep...leave you brother alone...keep your hands to yourself.." Oh the joys of having active children. The diving from bed to bed thing was kinda new and it got very interesting when it became nap time and we had to keep 3 little voices quiet while the other was 6 feet away trying to drift off into a peaceful sleep... Fun, Fun.

The tourney was great..the boys did awesome and we were so proud. My nephew will be an alternate along with Isaish. River barely missed out on going. They all wrestled hard and after some questionable calls( but I might be bias..hehe) it was over. Good times were had and they all will be forces to reckon with next year.

I did get some good shopping in with my dear Trina and we did have some great times. We found some cute dresses for my special B-bay getaway and I picked up a few accessories to match..can't live with out accessories. Little side note here.. I love the mall...it makes me happy. Trina and I were just saying that people who live in big towns are so lucky to have that kind of access. Very unfair to us country folk..hehe ok my sob story is done.

So we are home now..feeling pretty tired from all the hub-bub and actually looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and the children in their own beds. The weekend is over and now I have to say it was fun...BUSY but fun. Am I ready to do it all again tomorrow?? Uhhh..no.
Will I be just excited about it the next time?? Definitely..what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..hehe

So I took a couple of pics of the little monkeys during a slow patch..however once the modeling session over it some how rejuvenated them and it was back to action on the mats!!

Sorry about the quality of the pics but I forgot my camera and we can only expect so much from a camera phone....


Here they are all posing like good little children .......




Of course every time any camera comes out the boys love to strike a pose



Little Hailey Ann playing with her toes.....



My hubby having a little computer time amongst the madness..hehe



Our home-aide refrigerator...are we redneck or what?? Never know when your gonna need a Dr. Pepper in the middle of the night..Isn't that crazy that the Doubletree didn't have a fridge?? I mean even Motel 6 has one don't they?

Okay that was our weekend...how was yours??

9 Comments:

  • Well you sound like you had a wonderful weekend. I love the home-aide refrigerator very good. Love the pic's of the children. Not only did you do all these things but you got in some girlie time and went shopping. Good on you. I want to see a pic of this new dress thou.:)

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at February 12, 2007 at 5:01 AM  

  • Sounds like you managed a good weekend. I like pictures. Kids looked like they had a blast.

    Come on over to my blog and read the last two posts. I had a great weekend.

    By Blogger Nadine, at February 12, 2007 at 6:24 AM  

  • LOL LOVE the refrigerator! THAT is funny stuff right there. Glad you had such a fun filled weekend...I just read Trinas post as well, you guys just seem like so much fun! I can't say I had such a great weekend...sick kids = not fun. Oh well..maybe next weekend?? We'll see.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 12, 2007 at 6:31 AM  

  • Crazy times with that many little ones in one room! I am glad you went shopping, even though it was hectic.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at February 12, 2007 at 7:14 AM  

  • Im still disappointed in the hotel management! I mean how many times does a customer have to make complaints before they boot a rowdy crew like you guys out! Geesh!!!

    You know I LOVE spending time with you guys,and Im sure that my rambunctious three didn't help the craziness...LOL!

    By Blogger Trina, at February 12, 2007 at 8:18 AM  

  • Sound like a fun weekend...alot more eventful than mine...hehe. Glad you guys had a good time. See ya soon!

    By Blogger Beth, at February 12, 2007 at 8:27 AM  

  • Traveling is never restful to me, and hotels? Sounds like everything went wonderful, I'm so glad. Life, back to normal. You can use a real fridge now.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at February 12, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

  • That sounds like a blast. A mad house, but still a blast. Kids like adults get excited about going somewhere out of the norm, they just show it in a WAY different way. Loved the pic. of the bathroom sink. THAT is utilizing EVERY part of a hotel room. Ha. Glad ya'll are back safe and sound!

    By Blogger Nicole, at February 12, 2007 at 9:49 AM  

  • Im glad you all had a good time. I love the pictures. Especially the "homemade" fridge!

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at February 12, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home