Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Eyes Like A Hawk


So this Sat. morning we were up and around getting ready for the boy's first "Little Guy Wrestling" tournament (I'll post about that experience later) of the year when my hubby realized that between us we only had like 4 bucks on us. Well this would never due because the entry fee for each of the boys was like double that...not to mention how my kiddos LOVE their snacks at these tourney's.
Of course he was already ready to go and I was still scrambling around to finalize all the last minute details that we needed to have done if we were gonna be out and about to the big part of the day. No worries he said he would just run to the bank real quick and get some cash.
About 15 mins. later he comes back through the door with a a little smile on his face. He starts off with ,"Soooo..guess what I found?" Not a clue as what he is referring to or really what he could have possibly found at the bank other than money, I play his little game and said, "What?"
He said that as he pulled up to the ATM a man pulled up behind him. The man got out of his truck, which was very unsettling to my hubby, and started walking up to Rusty's truck. Now Rusty said he wasn't that worried cuz we live in a pretty small town and the threat of robberies at the local bank/ATM center was not a real problem in these parts, but it definitely made him stop and watch this man approach. The man then stopped at our tailgate, bent down and picked something up and then continued walking up to the window. Rusty turned his head to see what this man was carrying and the man said, "I think you dropped something." It was Jarred's BASEBALL GLOVE. Apparently it just dropped off our tailgate as Rusty pulled up, and the man saw this and was nice enough to bring this to his attention. Crazy that this glove stayed on the whole way to our bank..now granted we only live about 2 miles from our bank and the fastest possible speed he could be going during this jaunt is 40mph, but still.
I'm just glad that we got the little tykes glove back cuz it is quite the drama around here when someone loses their glove and I try to avoid that when ever possible. So THANK YOU eagle eye ATM man, and believe me my little boy thanks you as well, you really saved his little hide.....

4 Comments:

  • That was very nice of him. You have one lucky little boy. Momma aint yell'n where did you put it. Thats me hehehe. lol

    By Blogger Cherrie, at March 13, 2007 at 7:41 AM  

  • A baseball glove is important, after the break it in process. I learned that after moving to your area those couple of years. Makes catch'em those balls easier.

    I wish I could see the little boys wrestle. Bet they are so cute.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at March 13, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

  • That is one of the nicest things about living in a little town; everyone just sort of looks out for each other. I'm glad you found that little glove, because Jarred loves his baseball...THAT'S FOR SURE!!

    By Blogger Trina, at March 13, 2007 at 11:55 AM  

  • It's the little things that make us smile isn't it. How nice that man took a couple of minutes of him time to do that.

    By Blogger Nadine, at March 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home