Friday, March 23, 2007

Shower Issues

The time change has definitely effected Hailey, but not in a good way. Instead of sleeping in a little more she has decided to wake up an hour earlier than before. So really she is waking up 2 hrs. before normal!! I know Daylight Savings Time was a couple of weeks ago but we just don't understand it. Rusty and I often talk about it and think maybe it makes sense and we are just confused, but no we are not...she is off!! I state this little problem because before the time change I used to get up with Rusty and Jake, get them off for the day and then take my shower and have about 30mins. to myself.
Well that is a distant memory and now I find myself laying in Hailey's bed with her "pretending" to be asleep in hopes she will close her little eyes and drift back off to sleep, but nope, she does not.
So up we go and a new routine is started. I set her up with a sippy, turn on Dora and then I attempt to slip away to shower. Notice the word attempt because basically it never works. On the rare occasion that I do get to shower in peace it is in record speed and I should feel out of breath as fast as I go. But that is not the norm and I either get a crying baby in my bathroom who is wanting to get in clothes and all, or I end up taking a shower with her...it normally is the second.
So you see it now becomes the acrobatic session of shower time where the whole time I am maneuvering my body to stop the spray from drowning her all the while trying to apply shampoo to my hair. The the rinsing is just a nightmare because our shower head is one that is set up high and sprays directly down...so there is no where for her to run..soap in her eyes is almost guaranteed. So I then pick her up to rinse my hair and well that too can become quite the difficult trick trying to avoid a direct face shot. Really it isn't enjoyable for either of us, but she ALWAYS come back for more.
Whatever happen to the relaxing shower time where I could enjoy the hot water and shave my legs in peace..( no Mrs. Martin , I am not referring to that time..hehe) Seriously I feel like a contortionist and like I just worked double time just to do something as simple as bathe.
I used to shower when she was napping but that faded as my days got busier and I had more stuff to do and I couldn't push errands off until late afternoon. Sigh.... Well I know it is not the end of the world and it won't last forever, it better not, but for now at least I am getting some morning stretches in, right??

8 Comments:

  • Might sound weird, but I used to get up in the middle of the night to get a shower alone. Now my older kids can ride herd on the littles, but back in the day..... My symapthies are with you.
    Gale

    By Blogger meNmykids, at March 26, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

  • Ohhh the days of shower troubles! I havent had those for a few years, thankfully. Like Gale I have corralers now! Well anyway, you must be doing something right, cuz you always smell purty! hehehe

    By Blogger Trina, at March 26, 2007 at 9:25 AM  

  • Well, mary I understand,my baby is still nursing and can just smell the room I am in. And when I take a shower, my children let him crawl in to see me in my clear shower. {Cuz they are lazy} And he stands up balancing on the clear glass door and cries this really big mouthed cry. I usually strip him down and manuever him around the spray, too. Geesh, to think I havent worried about this in years. You do sound organized to get that shower done first thing in morning every day. Great Job.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at March 26, 2007 at 9:43 AM  

  • Boy I remember those days. They will pass quickly though so enjoy it while it lasts.

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at March 26, 2007 at 11:27 AM  

  • Oh how that brings back memories. I don't know if it would help, but I use to shower at night sometimes. Here's hoping that you get a peaceful shower time back.

    By Blogger Nadine, at March 26, 2007 at 12:30 PM  

  • The whole shower delima, hmm I had those and by the way still do at times. The kids help some but it is so stressful. Trying to shave at record speed and missing a line or two. woops forgot that side. hehe
    Time is going by fast so lets just enjoy the time and let our husbands deal with harry legs. Maybe even sneak away when he is home to hold the fort down and get a long relaxing shower. And detailed shave.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at March 26, 2007 at 2:23 PM  

  • Dare I mention getting up earlier?? It wouldn't be worth it for me, I'm NOT a morning person, I need all the beauty sleep I can get!

    By Blogger Chantel H, at March 26, 2007 at 4:04 PM  

  • I have never thought to put Sarah in the shower with me (heehee) I always just leave her standing next to the tub crying ~ most times she just gives up and runs to Emily & Audrey ~ thank goodness for older sisters ~ when Emily and Audrey were younger I did not even know what a shower was (heehee)
    Hope ya'll have a blessed Wednesday!
    Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at March 28, 2007 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home