Monday, March 19, 2007

Wrestle Mania



Okay so those of you who have read some of my previous posts have noticed that the word wrestling seems to be popping up quite frequently. No, I'm not obsessed with the word it just seems like the last few months this sport has been dominating our lives. So I thought I would share some pics of what has been monopolizing our weekends.



First I'll give you a little background info... Jake has been wrestling since he was 3yrs.old, yes I said 3, but really he wanted to ...I promise. This is his 5th year and really he has had quite a bit of success but I guess we must have hit a wall or something because he is starting to burn out. The pressure he puts on himself to succeed plus the pressure that the sport itself puts on you by being an individual thing is just apparently too much for my little worrier. He broke the news to hubby and me the other day and after we got over the initial shock, because really we thought he loved to wrestle, we decided that he is WAY too young to be this stressed out about anything, especially an extra circular activity. I mean his stomach would sometimes hurt because he was so nervous, so I'm thinking that we are way past the point of fun here..ya know?



This is Jarred's 2nd year and really I can't quite decide if he likes it or not. He talks about wrestling ALL the time, but when it comes down to tournament time he waiver's and is very reluctant to continue with the day... Sigh. So it is big time drama, he cries and then Rusty gets irritated and then we explain to him that if quits then that is fine, but he won't get a medal, which he wants desperately. So he then rethinks his decision and so we go round and round the mulberry bush and by the end of the day our little family is emotional drained from a LITTLE GUY WRESTLING TOURNEY!! It is crazy and I'm ready to chuck it all, but then the next week comes around and I hear tons of promises on how they DO want to wrestle and they can't wait until Saturday...



Anyway here are some random pics of the boys..they look so cute in their little singlets, don't they??




Jarred is the one in red..aren't they soo little??


So he took the little boy down immediately, but he was still crying the WHOLE time.....


This is a different little opponent, even though Jarred is on top, he is still not enjoying his wrestling experience...


This was the first match out of the previous 5 that he did not cry at all..BIG VICTORY HERE!!





Now on to Jake..........






Jake (the one in the red) in his ready stance...I'm sure his little heart is beating 90 miles a min..


I'm sure Rusty is encouraging him to suck-up the other boy's arm and SQEEEEEEEZE!! Really it is not as bad as it sounds..hehe

This is Jake going for the pin......


And this is Jake getting the pin!!

So, that was some of the pictures from our last 2 weekends and so far the boys are both undefeated. Anyway we will see what this weekend brings..I'm not quite sure what to hope for, but at least they keep it interesting!!

9 Comments:

  • Wow look how small they look in their outfits. They look cute but scarey little wrestlers.LOL

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at March 20, 2007 at 4:28 AM  

  • Wow look how small they look in their outfits. They look cute but scarey little wrestlers.LOL

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at March 20, 2007 at 4:28 AM  

  • Wrestling is full of so manny emotions, it can definitely be exhausting! However, your boys are naturally talented in this area, and are a ton of fun to watch! Den and I think its great that you let the boys decide if they are up to it each weekend. Those pics are great, and look at those PINS!!! woohooo!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Trina, at March 20, 2007 at 7:18 AM  

  • Kids can't really decide what they want. Maybe they just want whatever Mom and Dad want at first? Then they learn what they really want. I'm sure if Jake decides to keep wrestling it will be a more committed extra curricular thing. They look really good, not that I know much about it with all of my little girls! Trent kind of wrestles around some when he gets the chance, but I'm sure your boys could teach him a thing or two.
    Gale

    By Blogger meNmykids, at March 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

  • Wow those boys are tough. They do look so cute in their wrestling outfits. What fun...thanks for sharing those great pictures.

    By Blogger Nadine, at March 20, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

  • Oh, they are just so cute~ I did not realize that you could wrestle so young :-)

    By Blogger Michelle, at March 20, 2007 at 1:16 PM  

  • They look to cute. Good luck with the back and forth decisions of kids. hehe Love the pics. lol

    By Blogger Cherrie, at March 21, 2007 at 6:33 AM  

  • Mary, Trina has told me how cute and talented they are on the mat. I am sure you will do good making all these decisions, so many gray areas in this life huh? I will have to show hubby them, they do look tough and cute at same time.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at March 21, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

  • Just look at those tykes going at it! See what you have to look forward to? In a few years, you'll be the one they have pinned on the canvas. Hell, maybe that's already true! :)

    By Blogger Dan, at March 22, 2007 at 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home