Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter!!

Well not to go against my character I am late to display me Easter pics...very typical if you know in "real" life. Now I not the crazy late person who EVERYONE is always waiting, but just a few minutes..It is still a flaw of mine and I do try to work on it, I'm just not very good at it yet.
Anyway, back to Easter..the kids had a good day. They woke up to Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny. They seemed to enjoy the new findings. Here are a few pics of them and their baskets..

As you can see she is very happy about her little Dora action figure.....


She is showing off her new baby bottle...she loves her babies!
This was the best pose I could get out of Jake..the I only smile because you are making me look..hehe


Jarred posing proudly for me....


After modeling time was over we scurried around to get ready for church and I prepared for the potluck that we were having after meeting. We had a good meeting and heard some great things. After church all the women assembled down in the kitchen to put the finishing touches on the dinners and we soon began to eat.
Then it was time for the egg hunt. We have 4 different age groups and they go from 1-12. The children all seem to enjoy this tradition, well expect for one child...Jarred. This little boy tries my patience sometimes...For some crazy reason he has the constant need to WIN and I mean WIN everything!! Now Rusty and I are competitive people for the most part and in our younger years we were even on the edge of extreme. However since we have gotten older and have realized that we have little eyes and ears everywhere we have toned down our levels alot and are careful and try not to demonstrate this behavior in front of the kids. But we are human and we still have flaws..like I said earlier..hehe. Now let me clarify a bit about Jarred and tell you that he is not a mean winner..he won't cheat or tease if he wins. Most of the time he will even share his winnings with others, but in order for his little life to be complete he NEEDS to win. Now this in very UNACCEPTABLE!! This makes Rusty and I very concerned and we have had many, many "winning isn't everything" speeches, but they don't always seem to get through...sigh. However, this doesn't discourage us from continuing to explain to him that being a good loser is just as important as being a good winner. This lesson will be learned I am sure of it, but it might be a very painful lesson for little Mr. Jarred. I know if we must stay consistent with our teachings for the scripture says ( and I'm not quoting)that train up a child in the way they shall go and they will never depart and I don't only believe in that , but I'm counting on it. Mommy and Daddy will survive this little stage and Jarred will too....I hope..hehe
Now back to the hunt....
Here are a few pics of the kids looking for the eggs and such......


I forgot to take a pic of her and the boys in their Easter Best before we left, Can you believe what a bad mommy I am?? So I had to crop this pic so I could have one of her standing still in her pretty little Easter dress.....


She really got the hang of putting the eggs in her little basket....


Jarred was helping little sister gather the eggs....


Here is Jarred running to find the silver egg..which he did not find..hence the drama of losing.....


The search continues......


There were only 2 kids in Jake's group so needless to say he found TONS of goodies.....


Feeling no pressure and happy with his little basket, he plays it cool as some of his friends are giving him a hard time about the "challenge" of it all....



All in all it seemed to be a fun, but busy day and I hope you all had a great weekend as well!!
Happy Easter everyone!!

10 Comments:

  • Mary! Hailey is beautiful! I love the one of her bending down to pick up the eggs and her dress is all layed out. What fun you all had. The church did not do anything for the second season in a row. I may have to remedy that next year, since my baby will be 21 months old then. I love that your church has tradition for the youngsters. Again, Hailey is beautiful with that red hair.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at April 11, 2007 at 5:33 AM  

  • Oh, Mary your kids are too cute! I too love the picture of Hailey bending down to pick up the egg ~ you need to have that one framed ~ it is just too sweet ~ How fun to share a meal together with your church family on Easter and then have an Easter egg hunt. I bet the kids do have a ball.
    Wishing you a happy Wednesday!
    Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at April 11, 2007 at 5:36 AM  

  • The kids looked as if they had a good time. And by the way the winning thing sounds so familiar. That is what I remember about Den and Trina. Always very competitive. No wonder you guys get a long so well...hehe

    By Blogger Cherrie, at April 11, 2007 at 6:43 AM  

  • your kids are all gorgeous! and they looked like they're having fun!

    By Blogger la bellina mammina, at April 11, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

  • Ohhh Mary, I sure missed that church tradition this year. We definitely didnt do anything on that grand of scale, but we did have a very nice time.

    Hailey's hair just continues to grow and grow. So pretty! It looks like a wonderful Easter day, and Jarred will outgrow it...wink wink.

    By Blogger Trina, at April 11, 2007 at 8:31 AM  

  • Wonderful memories and pictures! I love the little easter dress! Gorgeous!

    By Blogger D, at April 11, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

  • Great pics! Winning isn't everything is SUCH a hard concept to teach - and even harder to learn when you have that competitive edge...good luck!

    By Blogger Lori, at April 11, 2007 at 3:37 PM  

  • Oh your kids are cute. Your little girl looked so pretty in her dress. It looks like it was a fun day for all.

    By Blogger Nadine, at April 11, 2007 at 7:28 PM  

  • Cute pictures!!! I only took egg decorating pics i forgot to take all the other pics. What a horrible mommy I am

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at April 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM  

  • I want a NEW post! *sigh*

    By Blogger Trina, at April 14, 2007 at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home