Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Making Her Momma Proud......

Warning: The following material might not be suitable for the sophisticated or the squeamish .....Still here? Okay I gave you a shot......LOL

So I know this is coming on the cusp of my issues with the lack of people teaching their children social skills, but in my defense you should remember that my last thought was that my children would probably become social misfits because of my stance on the subject. I mean isn't that what always happens?? You give your two cents about something and then turn around and something similar comes your way, now how you deal with that situation is the true test.
So enough with the build up....
I was just wanting to share with everyone that I believe I have a professional nose picker on my hands!! Exciting isn't it?? Now this is a very special trait that my dear daughter has received because it is not the ordinary run of the mill, pick your OWN nose in public dysfunction. Oh no, it is unique because she will recognize that one of her brothers may need some assistance in this area and be more than happy to help.
I discovered this beautiful act the other morning when she was in bed with me and Jarred woke up and crawled in bed with us. Now Jarred was all sleepy and was trying to cuddle up with me and Hailey who had been up for at least an hour was feeling happy that her bubba was now awake to entertain her. She of course lunged over me and went to hug him. When she pulled back she was looking at his face and jabbering away to him like the conversation was possibly going to be mutual and continue. She stopped in her mid-babble and said, actually pretty clear,
"Mooooom, Darra a booooger!!" (That is what she calls him, Darra, it took us awhile to distinguish between Jarred and Dora..hehe)
I replied, "Jarred has a booger?"
She said, "Yeah, I get it."
And with that she stuck her little finger into Jarred's nose and fished that baby out. Jarred was quite a good sport about it all. She was very proud of her accomplishment and then tried to show me while shoving it in my face. The whole time repeating "Shooweeehh, Shooweeehh."
So now every time she is up close and personal with ANYONE you can tell she is looking at your nose and if you have anything in there, well she will help you out with that little problem. So just a little heads up when it comes of this booger seeking baby because although I do tend to teach her disquisition, I can't make any promises for this 1 almost 2 yr.old child.
Hey I look at it this way....She will make a good mommy someday, because picking someone else's nose is only part of the job description..............

8 Comments:

  • Too funny! I can't beleive that Jarred let her, I think we would have had war here. And she was aso proud! I love it. Brings back a small memory.....
    Gale

    By Blogger meNmykids, at April 5, 2007 at 9:01 AM  

  • I cant believe Jarred let her either!! That is hysterical!..rofl. I cant believe she is talking that much too! She will DIE if she hears about this when she is a teenager....seriously laughing!

    By Blogger Trina, at April 5, 2007 at 10:01 AM  

  • She fished that baby out huh? LOL Oh my, your stories are so funny and I guess it has been awhile since I've had small ones. I mean the way Hailey gets all excited that Jared woke up is so sweet and it made me remember when all my kids were little together. So sweet.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at April 5, 2007 at 3:18 PM  

  • Okay I'm picturing your beautiful little girl picking her brother's nose and well...I can't help but laugh. Too funny. I just can't believe he let her do that. I'm with Trina about when she's a teenager...you could she her brother saying to her date...when we were kids she use to pick my nose. Thank so much for a good chuckle, your kids are so cute and so adorable. I just love hearing your stories. Thank you so much for sharing.

    By Blogger Nadine, at April 5, 2007 at 10:28 PM  

  • Very funny! Kids are hysterical.

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at April 6, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

  • To cute! I think she might can start her own business being a professional buger picker. I love the things that our kids do.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at April 6, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

  • Congratulations on your nominination Mary, I just came back over from Trina's blog and saw you on the list! I love the list too, cuz I plan to visit in the near future several nominees.
    I think I better advertise the voting this next week. Good Luck!

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at April 8, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

  • The things kids do!! I enjoyed reading that!

    By Blogger la bellina mammina, at April 9, 2007 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home