Friday, April 20, 2007

She's 2!! It's Party Central at this House!!

So yesterday was Hailey's big birthday bash. However it turned out not so big because most that were invited became sick. I thought about postponing her party, but really our lives are always on the run in the Spring, so I figured lets just have it.
It turned out great and she of course was unaware of those who couldn't come. I mean at the ripe ole age of 2 as long as mommy and daddy are there, all is right in the world..hehe
We had a Dora the Explorer party and boy was she EXCITED.
The boys of course had practices before the party and so I knew I would be running late, lesson learned from Monday, and so I started decorating before we left. I pulled her Dora table cloth out and she gasped with excitement. I then started decorating the table with plates and such and she planted her little self in her booster chair to enjoy the show. She of course was jabbering the whole time about her "Dora" and "Boots" this and "Swiper" that..it was very cute. I had wrapped her presents in the living room and when she finally got down from the table and walked in to the room she was so happy and starting saying, "my pasents..my pasents."
However we had to go and she was not happy about all the temptation that I had set in front of her and I had not allowed her to open or play with...I did however give in and let her take a balloon, so that seemed to pacifier her and off we went to practices.
So it was finally party time and when the guests finally arrived we got down to business...
Here are a few pics of the night:




She is posing proudly with her "Dora" cake.....


Hailey and her bubbas


The whole crew...Quite a bit smaller than normal. However, we did manage to snag a rare pic of Zach(our nephew, the oldest boy) in her party pic....That was a treat!!


So we sang our Happy Birthday song as she stood there coyly..but she couldn't figure out what we meant by,"blow out the candle." Here is Jake trying to help her with that little task.....


This was her first present to open..as you can see by the expression on her face she was quite excited..this is what I was referring to by gasping earlier in the post....



Many, many of her gifts went along with the Dora theme and that made this 2 yr. old little girl VERY happy!!


She is proudly displaying her new Diego figure..again with the theme....


This is a little picture I snapped after everyone had left. Here she is just sitting back and enjoying her new Dora chair.....

I can't believe that she is already 2!!! It seems like just yesterday that I was still swaddling her in her blankets and playing the guessing game when she cried..and now she is running around laughing, playing, and communicating like a little person..Time is flying by and I don't want to miss a thing!!!
Happy Birthday Hailey!!
We Love YOU!!!

9 Comments:

  • Another great party!!! She is so sweet, and no FORCED smiles from her...hehe.

    By Blogger Beth, at April 20, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

  • Birthdays, wow. Ours are never that big of a deal, we have a family thing. Trent and Heidi just had theirs, lots of excitement, cake and ice cream. Heart shaped balloons popping all over the house for days, we are finally out of the heart attack triggers. I can't beleive they are soooo big. She is beautiful, and how nice to get Zack on film!

    By Blogger meNmykids, at April 20, 2007 at 4:45 PM  

  • Party central is right! What a busy week for you!!! I love the picture where she can't contain her excitement at the present! You have precious kiddos!

    By Blogger Lori, at April 20, 2007 at 5:56 PM  

  • Hi there!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'd love to send you a Journal, so if you are interested, send me an email with your address. You can find my email address a few inches below my photo.

    The Journal goes along with the book, so if you don't have the actual book yet, you'll need to get that.

    God bless you! And I love the look of your blog :)

    Blessings,
    Keri

    By Blogger Keri Mae, at April 20, 2007 at 8:37 PM  

  • OH Mary! I just love Hailey! I think it was just yesterday that we were swaddling her and taking her to the park, laying her on a blanket, and worrying about how little she was to be exposed to the sun. How time flies...Good for you enjoying every moment. You are so blessed and this makes me so happy! I sure love you guys! Happy Birthday Hailey!

    By Blogger Trina, at April 22, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

  • What a doll! It looks like she had a wonderful time. And congrats to you for surviving two kid parties in such a short amount of time!

    By Blogger Steff, at April 22, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

  • Thanks for stopping by. :)

    What a party is right!! Looks like everyone had a good time. Precious moments indeed.

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at April 22, 2007 at 5:09 PM  

  • 2 birthday parties...WOW! She looks so adorable. Happy birthday Hailey!

    By Blogger la bellina mammina, at April 23, 2007 at 12:30 AM  

  • Happy Birthday to Hailey!

    She is beautiful, but she also has the cutest look on her face in all the pics. Just like she is just so darn happy and content with her life. LOL Love it.

    Great group shot too, very fun.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at April 25, 2007 at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home