Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Blonde Moment...

So I have to confess...I had a MAJOR BLONDE moment!! I know I shouldn't tell all my dirty little secrets, but this one is, I have to admit, is what those love to hate blonde jokes are made of....
So the other day I was chatting on my cell phone to my dear Trina and I of course was multi-tasking, after all that is what us mommies do right? Anyhoo..She was talking in detail about some stuff and so I was listening intently and of course responding and adding my 2 cents when needed..hehe, all the while gathering Jarred and Hailey in the car to make a quick run to Wal-mart and some other misc. errands. I had to change cars and take our truck, because I was stopping by the butchers to pick up some meat and it was going to be alot of boxes and well my suburban was too messy in the back and I really didn't want or have time to clean it out. I got the kiddos loaded and all the while staying involved with the convo. I left my house and started on the 30 min. journey to Walley World, when about 5 min in I realized I forgot something....I started searching in my purse, searched the front seat and nothing. URGGGHHHH.. I must have left it in the suburban. Sigh, well I would just have to turn around and get it because I couldn't go all the way to this other town and not have this precious item..
Any guess what this little accessory might be?? Anyone, anyone??
So I pulled over, flipped a U-turn and headed back to my house. I pulled into my cul-de-sac and parked my truck and whispered to Jarred, because I was on the phone,
"Hey, mommy will be right back. I need to get my CELL PHONE. I think I left it in the suburban."
I start to get out and he says, "Mom, what are you talking on?"

HELLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!

OH my Goodness!!!
I started laughing and told Trina and she of course laughed hysterically!!!
Seriously, it never occurred to me that the device that was enabling me to have that very conversation was the device that I was turning the truck upside down looking for...
Oh my...I think I need some serious help.....

On to a different note, Trina mentioned in her recent post that we got a way last weekend and it was wonderful. Just having time to ourselves and and knowing that we had 2 whole days was priceless!! Our hubbys ARE the best and I have to say very handsome..hehe. The weekend was about being pampered and relaxing and that is just what we did!! I LOVE my Trina time and we have so much fun together that really it doesn't matter where we are..sigh..I miss her!!!
Well here is my little pic of the weekend and I am so glad that amongst the shopping, walking (in cute, but uncomfy shoes), eating and chatting that I just got to be me and she got to be her and that is what we do. We are who we are and that is what makes us great and irreplaceable!! Thanks for the blast, and I love YOU TrinaLeah!!



Just a couple of Girls on their way out to find some great sales and of course a STARBUCKS!!!

12 Comments:

  • Oh Wow...that is a very sad blonde moment. Too funny.

    By Blogger Beth, at May 2, 2007 at 10:41 AM  

  • I did laugh heartily!!! I was surprised that you never made a peep about desperately looking for it while we were chatting...hahaha Cuz I could have told you where it was...hehehe

    By Blogger Trina, at May 2, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

  • We just couldn't help laughing !That was sooo funny! But I can almost see myself doing that cause we are always on the go and I always got to have my phone. Just laughing and laughing here in central oregon

    By Blogger michelle, at May 2, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

  • Yeah, that sort of thing has happened to me before. Or trying to find my sunglasses. Why do I get blonde moments when I'm not blond?

    By Blogger meNmykids, at May 2, 2007 at 12:21 PM  

  • I just totally laughed out loud at that one! It is something I would do! I have looked for my sunglasses before and they were on top of my head! ha! I love it!

    By Blogger Lori, at May 2, 2007 at 6:07 PM  

  • That really is too funny! But you know what is even funnier...you're not the first person I've heard about doing that. :)

    It's great that you are able to get away with a good friend and have girl time. I can only imagine how precious that time is as we get older!

    By Blogger Steff, at May 2, 2007 at 6:58 PM  

  • You're hilarious Mary! That sort of thing happens to me all the time...but your story takes the cake.

    Read about your adventure with Trina...That was really cool!

    By Blogger la bellina mammina, at May 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

  • Too funny! I have done that before I remember holding Micah when he was a baby and panicking cause I couldnt find him. He was right in my arms. LOL

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at May 2, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

  • Tha was so funny. My mom use to do that with her glasses. She would be wearing one pair on eyes and the other on her head and she be in a frenzy looking for her glasses. Thanks for the laugh.

    It's always nice when friends can get together and have a nice fun fulled weekend. - Good for you and Trina.

    By Blogger Nadine, at May 3, 2007 at 6:27 AM  

  • My guess was your debit card or wallet. Very funny. And Cheryl looking for her baby, while holding her baby is too funny too.

    You girls look great and happy! A girls weekend out is so wonderful and renewing isn't it?

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at May 3, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

  • Hi Mary.... now that is one terribly scary blond story!
    But we will forget and move on..... teehee!
    I have seen you around the blogashpere......... and am pleased to have finally come on over and met you!
    You and Trina look so beautiful!

    By Blogger Fifi, at May 3, 2007 at 1:25 PM  

  • Hi Mary
    I'm adding you as a friend.......cause I like ya! so I guess you'll be seeing a whole lot more of me!

    By Blogger Fifi, at May 4, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home