Friday, June 29, 2007

The Wedding

So I saw that my Trina from I Work From Son up to Son Down nominated me for this special award..



She is sooo awesome and I feel so honored to be chosen by her because I think as we all agree she is an awesome blogger with wonderful posts that keep you wanting more....

So my orders are to nominate 5 fellow bloggers who fit this category so, here they are.....

1. These are the days.....She is so funny and I love her outlook on life!

2. Mother of 6 ............I love her posts about her children and she is a great mommy who stays on the ball and on top of things!

3. An Inside Look......... She is a fun read who seems to really care about family and friends and cracks me up!!

4. Mom of six wife of one.....She is a great read and she desires to serve the Lord first!

5. Just being Me.................She has been with me from the beginning and she is always encouraging in her posts and has sweet words to pass on to someone in need!!

Okay so there you have it ladies..You guys are so great and I soo think you deserve it.

So now on to my post for today..........................





So I mentioned in an earlier post that we recently went out to Oklahoma for our nieces wedding. We had a great time and it was so fun seeing everyone!!
My niece, Laci, was an amazingly beautiful bride and her new handsome hubby, Jeremy, seemed to make a great couple!! They asked all three of my kids to take part in their special day and of course we accepted with great honor. Hailey was the flower girl, Jarred was the miniature groom and Jake passed out bubbles and helped get the gifts to the gift table. In other words they all got dressed up in a vest, a tux, and and an amazing dress!! So of course that made this mommy go shopping for something pretty for me to wear which always brings a smile to my face..hehe
Of course I was nervous about how my little 2 yr. girl was gonna perform on this big day because I have been told by many that,
"Wow, she is such a shy little thing."..Sigh..Can you feel the start of my stress?? However on the night of the rehearsal she was all smiles and almost playing to the crowd. Whew, right?..Wrong!! Jarred was the source of my worry that night. He had the most adorable little girl to walk down the aisle with, however she was convinced that she was getting married and he was her groom!! This went over like a lead balloon. You see it seems that I am raising a group of literal Joe's here and he knows that he is WAY too young to be getting married!! So every time we would finish the practice walk through and be informed that it needed to be done 1 more time she would excitedly say..
"Yeah I just want to get married 1 more time."
And so the coaxing and prompting and yes I must say empty promises were now being made to get my 5 yr down the aisle.
So the next day came and everyone was all dressed up and ready for action...BUT, Hailey would NOT walk down the aisle by herself (No surprise there)and so I had to walk down the aisle with her...Oh yes, that made all my and I'm sure Laci's dreams come true, and Jarred was was left in the back to face his fears by himself and... he did!! He walked up the aisle without even shedding a tear!!.. Yes, he practically dragged the poor little girl up the row with him, but I say beggars can't be choosers, right?? Oh my, what a roller coaster, and my little family was just a small part of the wedding..LOL
Anyway, here are a few pics of the big day....







In honor of their wonderful day I wanted to show everyone what a gorgeous couple they are...Love you guys!!




Here are Jake, Lance (my nephew), Jarred, and Hailey all posing for the camera...



This is a pic of Rusty's family...his sister Jalea, His brother and the father of the bride James, his mom Rosalee, his stepdad John, his oldest brother Marty, and then of course my honey Rusty!!



Here we are..Finally getting somewhat of a family photo....



A little close up of me and my baby....



Check out this Daddy's girl giving her Daddy a kiss....Can we say wrapped around her finger!!



Here Hailey is attempting to start the walk by herself..and then decided she needed mommy to go too....



Jarred with is beautiful bride..hehe...Check out the STRESSED look on his face..sooo sad!!!


Hailey and Laci posing for a pic..I sooo love this pic, I'm gonna have it framed and put on Hailey's wall next to her flower basket!






The ceremony was beautiful and my lovely niece now has a new last name and the start to a wonderful life with the man of her dreams...
Congratulations Jeremy and Laci!!

12 Comments:

  • Beautiful pictures! I love the one of Jarred and his bride! He looks soooooooo stressed, too funny. Weddings all have to have their own little quirks, makes wonderful memories. Beautiful couple.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at June 29, 2007 at 1:54 PM  

  • Haahhaaa!! I got the best chuckle out of Jarred's little sidekick thinking she was getting married and stressing him out!!!

    And that second picture, your precious Hailey is hamming it up!!!

    Thanks for the award too! :-) It's my first!!!

    By Blogger Lori, at June 29, 2007 at 2:41 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger marykathryn, at June 29, 2007 at 6:25 PM  

  • That was so funny! I am sure that Jarred was stressed out! I can totally see it...hahaha Your family is so beautiful! Laci and Jeremy had such a gorgeous wedding. AMAZING bride for sure!!

    By Blogger Trina, at June 29, 2007 at 6:26 PM  

  • Your kids look beautiful. I love all the pictures I am such a visual person.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at June 29, 2007 at 6:45 PM  

  • First thing - Thank you so very much for honoring me with an award. I think you are pretty terrific too.

    Your kids look absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow what a beautiful dress and those boys (no wonder she wanted to marry him).

    The bridge and groom make a nice look couple and her dress was so lovely. Very pretty.

    I love the family picture - you all look so wonderful and you match. I love that. Thank you for sharing your wonderful day.

    By Blogger Nadine, at June 30, 2007 at 12:16 AM  

  • Okay I just noticed I typed bridge instead of bride - boy I shouldn't comment this late at night. :)

    By Blogger Nadine, at June 30, 2007 at 12:17 AM  

  • I love the pictures. I always think part of the un of having little ones is you never know what they will do. And no matter what it is people forgive them and think it is cute. You have a beautiful family.
    Sylvia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 30, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

  • Aww aren't you the sweetest! I can't wait to get all of those precious pictures on my walls!! The kids were perfect no matter if Jarred was stressed to a "T" miss Hailey couldn't make it down the aisle alone! They really helped make a wonderful day for me! Love ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 1, 2007 at 2:19 PM  

  • I like all the pictures. Looks like it was a beautiful success. Your family all looks so nice. The one with Jarred and his bride is just too cute.

    By Blogger Marisela, at July 2, 2007 at 7:00 AM  

  • Those pics are beautiful...and so is your family!! I hope you frame that family pic too!! Looks like you had a great time. Congrats to your niece and new nephew!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at July 2, 2007 at 1:11 PM  

  • Okay, I am a little behind the times in blog world, so I am reading this delayed, but what a gorgeous wedding and what beautiful photos Mary.

    I also love the one with Laci and Hailey. And the family photo is really good and the one of you and Hailey together is my favorite. I really wish I had a photo like that of my girls with me, when they were little.

    I laughed out loud at your writing phrase, I am raising little joes. Cracked me up.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at July 2, 2007 at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home