Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

This last weekend we too got into the spirit of the season and carved pumpkins. Well really I must confess...Jake's school friend called on Friday and asked if him and Jarred could come over for a pumpkin carving party. Needless to say, this mommy was happy to let that task and that mess go onto another house. Does that make me a bad mommy or a lucky mommy?? LOL

Anyhoo, our instructions were to buy and Gut the pumpkins at home and so when the kiddos arrived at the party they would be good to go. We had to enlist Daddy's help for the cutting duty. I snapped a few shots of the "gutting" process...




Here is the crew all ready for action..Doesn't Rusty looked thrilled for the job at hand..hehe


Here Jake is cleaning out his pumpkin...He loved this part.


Jarred on the other hand wasn't quite sure about the gooey mess he was touching at this moment...


However as you can see, he started to get into after a while...


Finally Hailey gets her turn and she dives right in...Who am I kidding, she is a toddler and what toddler doesn't love to get messy?!?


This was her favorite part..Playing with the bowl of seeds and stringy pumpkin...

Now here are a few shots of the "after pics" that I took after the party. The boys had a BLAST and they (or should I say the other mommy) did a great job... hehe


Here they are all lined up in the Dining room..I know you really can't see the images very well, but Jarred's is a wolf, Jake's a werewolf face, and Hailey's was just a silly face....

Sidenote: Yes, Hailey is wearing a bathing suit and black dress shoes...I told her to get ready for a pic with her pumpkin and this is what she came out in...


This is a shot that I took outside last night...I was very impressed with the carvings..I think they look so neat!!


Here is the silly face that I carved for Hailey... I learned that silly faces can be very forgiving when you mess up on the carving..It just looks like it is supposed to be that way..right??

So now on to the actual Trick-or-Treating....

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home