Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Little Lift

I started this morning off in not the best of moods I must confess. We got the final call last night and the couple that was hoping to buy our house is definitely out of the running...Sigh

Now, I don't think that I posted about how we lowered the offer in hopes that things might work out, but we did and it didn't. So we are now starting from scratch with selling the house...without a realtor. This makes me nervous because I really don't know much, if anything about selling homes. So we might try this for a while and then cave in and list it professionally. Oh joy, another decision to make...LOL

Anyway, I was feeling a little defeated and discouraged about all the "bumps" in the road when Trina called me this morning. Being the AWESOME listener that she is, she waited patiently as I rambled on and on about all my woes of life and how things weren't working out about this and that....

She gave me good sound advice (no surprise there) and some encouraging words. But I have to be honest it really didn't take seed in my heart for awhile until later today when I was able to reflect back on the conversation and really started to re-evaluate my attitude.

I had many errands to run so I was able to get out and think as I drove and realize that life really wasn't that bad. I mean I even feel ashamed even as I sit here and type about how rattled I let Satan get me this morning. Everything has a purpose and a time and if I truly believe that the Lord is the author of ALL things, which I do, why am I consumed with the "whys" and "ifs" that seem to be plaguing me right now??

Sometimes we allow our self to get so caught up in the moment that we need a good friend to help us wade through all the muck and get down to the meat, which is The Lord has a plan. I am thankful for my Trina and thankful for the many many blessing that the Lord has seen fit to bestow on me and mine. I am so unworthy at times that it is truly amazing that all he has done. Thank you Lord.

I am blessed!!

7 Comments:

  • Awwww Mary that is so sweet! My heart really goes out to you though. This is a tough time and one that is bending and molding you guys. No fun there. Lots of prayers are going up for you guys, and you have great faith. You really do, and you ALWAYS put things in perspective. You are one that bounces back very quickly from setbacks!

    It will be so good when this is behind you, and something that you can share with another family that is about to set out on a similiar journey. Oh the wisdom you will be able to share, and how much comfort you will be able to give them. That's what it's all about. LOTS OF LOVE!!

    By Blogger Trina, at October 3, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

  • Ohhh...I'm sorry about you house. Moving is always filled with so many "if's" and "when's" but the Lord has a plan and everything will work out according to his will in time. I will keep praying for you guys.

    By Blogger Marisela, at October 4, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

  • Our ministry was about being shaped and formed to perfection. About standing back and letting God be God, and not getting in His way. Not limiting His power by our lack of faith. Glad that you got through it!

    By Blogger meNmykids, at October 4, 2007 at 9:18 AM  

  • Awww...that's why you and Trina need to be together again! ha!

    I sold my last house without a realtor...just be patient & have an open house every Sunday afternoon. Bake cookies before the open house and have some classical music playing...just some tips - turn on all the lights during an open house so the house isn't dark and dreary. I don't know if it was these things or not, but after two months on the market, I did some research. After I did these little things, we had 3 offers from that open house! :-) It was probably a fluke but it never hurts to try! ha!

    By Blogger Lori, at October 4, 2007 at 5:56 PM  

  • I so understand what you are feeling and going thru right now. But your right the Lord knows what we need and he has his own time. I am praying for you and I am sure it will all work out. And believe me I can't wait till we can sit back and laugh about all this in the next year.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at October 4, 2007 at 6:24 PM  

  • It is good to have a good friend to help us through a tough day. God is good. I'm glad you will be closer to Trina again...sooner than you think.

    By Blogger Nadine, at October 5, 2007 at 12:27 AM  

  • Hello,
    It is nice to talk to you finally. It is always so nice to meet new brethern! I am Cherrie and Chantel's sister-in-law. I have noticed that you are moving to Hillsboro (or nearby). I'm sure that we will meet someday :) Ryan, my husband, grew up there and we will probably be taking a vacation up there sometime in the next 6 months to 1 year. I have actually read a couple of your blogs and like you, I've enjoyed them and wanted to meet you, but I'm a little on the shy side :) So thanks for stopping by, you seem like a sweet person also. Looking forward to getting to know you :)

    By Blogger Jules, at October 5, 2007 at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home