Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Jeans

So I was sitting here surfing the blogging world and I was thinking that I need to post a quick something. I am SO burnt of all my posts about the Drama that is going on in my life as I read back through my last few journals, that I bet you all are thinking Amen to that sister!! Now I am not discounting everything that has been going on, but I need to throw a fun post in every now and again don't ya think?..hehe


So today is on a lighter note.....


I am the type of person who MUST have a weird body type, because I can not just go to any old store and buy a cute pair of jeans and then go on about my day. In High School I used to love the way Gap jeans fit, however my family was not in the let me drop $50 on a pair of jeans for my teenage daughter income bracket so I might have had like 1 pr....But I LOVED them. So as time went on and I got into college and made my own money I found myself still on that level..hehe Go figure, it was my money I was spending now...


Anyhoo so in college and after I dabbled with Old Navy jeans and really anything that would be long enough to ensure that whispers as I walked by would not be about my high-waters, just about another one of my flaws..hehe


So a couple of years ago I discovered Levi 515....Yes I DO realize that I didn't really discover them and I am sure they have been around for centuries, but to me it was like a little piece of gold. I do believe that Trina enlighten me to this yummy pair of pants because as a tall lady herself I wanted to know where she got her jeans. And so my love affair with this style began...


So, anyway long story short I went to JCPenny's the other day to pick up another pair. I had Hailey with me and really she was being pretty good in the dressing room, but I knew we had a lot to accomplish that day and spending tons of time on something that I knew I like seemed futile. So I purchased the jeans and we went on our way.


The next day I slid my jeans on in a hurry because we were running a tad late on getting the boys to school..I ripped ALL the tags off and we headed out the door.


So about an hr. later I was chatting on the phone with Ms. Trina and I was pacing around the house..Habit that I found myself doing as I chat on the telley..so I was in my room and I have a full length mirror on the back of my door. Hailey likes to follow me around as I do my marathon walking and shut the door behind us. So I found myself standing in front of my mirror and decided to thoroughly check out my new jeans..I know a little late. Anyway I liked the fit and of course the length and then I turned around to check out the back and I was SHOCKED as to what I saw.......


Of course we all know that the style these days is for jeans to look faded in certain areas and dark in other..personally I really don't care for the look, but I was not consulted on the matter..hehe


So as I looked at my jeans there was some definite fading and the way that the fading was designed and WHERE the fading was designed made me look well I will let you see for yourself and let you make the call.....





Now I realize that this might be a little hard for you to see, but if you focus on the middle of the jeans and the contrast to the pockets of the jeans I think you will get the picture and see the dark V that I am talking about. And then imagine them on a body where there are no wrinkles and pulled tight...


I was like "No-No-NO"....I told Trina about my little discovery and the fact that I had just left the house and went out in public like this. I quickly took them off and snapped a pic and then emailed her to see if maybe it was all in my imagination and it didn't really look like I just came from a gym where I worked out way too hard and I was sweating in places that obviously didn't get dried off and my jeans were now showing the world what style of undergarments I was wearing...


But she confirmed it and I do believe her exact words were.."Oh no, you HAVE to take those babies back!"


So cut to me 15 mins later digging through the outside trash because I had just put the tags in the trash and took it out before I made my little discovery...Sigh


Gotta love fashion these days!!!





9 Comments:

  • So I take it you took them back, right? hahaha I giggled so much when you were trying to explain them to me. I thought, "Ohhhh how bad could they be?", but yeppers they needed to go back immediately! LOL

    By Blogger Trina, at October 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM  

  • It is actually very normal to find jeans faded like that. I also don't like that! Another thing that absolutely drives me CRAZY is the "DIRTY" look. I have LOTS of farmer uncles/cousins in Colorado and they all have jeans that look like they have been rolling around in the dirt, which in a way (not literally rolling) they have been. But what gets me is I see these jeans that look EXACTLY like my farmer families jeans and they want to charge $60.00 + a pair! Yuck. You couldn't pay me to wear those! I also have a hard time buying jeans, but for the OPPOSITE reason. I am very short (I would give anything to change "problems" with you ;) So when I buy jeans, I usually have to roll the bottom of the jeans up once. Oh well. Hopefully you can soon find some nice Levis that have NOT been intentionally faded, rolled in dirt, or ripped :) LOL!

    By Blogger Jules, at October 11, 2007 at 12:52 PM  

  • Hehe this was so funny, I actually had a disagreement with my daughter the other day, who was given a pair of those dirty looking jeans. I work very hard to keep my childrens clothes clean and for them to intentionally wear jeans that "don't come clean" is like a slap in the face. I also have issues with the faded style, my 12 year old daughter says she is the only one in the world cursed with a mom who has no sence of style....Boohoo....
    At this moment she is telling me how cool your jeans were...lol...

    By Blogger Barbara Reed, at October 11, 2007 at 3:45 PM  

  • hee-hee! I really do hate that for you b/c it's hard to find a good comfy pair of jeans....and why does everything have to be so low waisted now? ha!

    By Blogger Lori, at October 11, 2007 at 7:41 PM  

  • That is not a place you want contrast. I don't blame you at all for taking them back.

    By Blogger Nadine, at October 11, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

  • That is funny! Yeah they do look kind of bad. I don't mind faded jeans too much but they need to be faded in the proper places, and thoes definately are not!

    By Blogger Marisela, at October 12, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

  • I have seen a lot of girls wearing jeans like those. I'm sure glad that you don't feel comfortable in them, I know that I wouldn't. Hope you find acceptable jeans soon. I'm like Jules, short. Short, short, short. Sick of all of these long legged jeans that JUST DON'T FIT. I feel your pain, from the other end of the spectrum.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at October 12, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

  • I don't like the faded look either. Seriously, who let those things out of the factory?!?!

    And hey, don't apologize for venting or writing about what is happening in your life. That is what makes this blog so honest and an inspiring read!

    By Blogger Steff, at October 12, 2007 at 7:43 PM  

  • Oh how funny! On Saturday I was at a football game for one of my little grandkids. This mom walks by. She was a very, very, very curvy girl... her bottom was bigger than mine! The problem with her jeans... they were faded to look like she sat on her bottom all day long. I couldn't help but laugh out loud! As a very curvy girl myself, I can assure you, we shouldn't wear jeans that make us look like couch potatoes! I wanted to take a picture... but how can you do that without making a scene.

    By Blogger Mrs. Mom, at October 17, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home