Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oh No Yogos!!


I am always looking for a great healthy snack for my kiddos, I mean what mom isn't right? Well the other day we were at Costco buying some things and I went down the snack aisle. Since both boys go to school, packing their lunch everyday with things that stay fresh, but health is sometimes tricky, not to mention can get mundane. So we went searching for a different snack to help spice up lunch time. The boys discovered Yogos Rollers. I snagged the box and read that it was basically yogurt and fruit in a roll-up form. Seemed simple enough. After all the boys loved fruit roll-ups and they both love Go-Gurts so I thought I was good to go.


So we get home and the boys were all to anxious to embark on their new dream snack. I am happy to oblige because after all they are eating fruit AND yogurt.


Well in walks the problem..aka Hailey. She of course wants to sample this tasty new treat. I open up her little package and start to unwrap this sticky strip from the paper. She however strong protests this idea and insists that she do it her self. Yes, you guessed it, she is at the wonderful stage where she HAS to do everything herself, but still doesn't have the skills to achieve it..SIGH...How fun is this little phase.


So I get a little unwrapped from the paper before a full fit is thrown and then hand her the rest hoping that this might all work out. She happily eats the part that I peel and then attempts to unwrap the rest. She walks away concentrating on her little task and I just figure it will work itself out..somehow..hehe


She then comes to me about 5 min later with the roll-up still in a ball, but with several teeth marks in it , including the paper.


She is upset, because the Yogo is not cooperating with her and she now wants me to fix her little problem. I start to attempt to unwrap this thing, but it is now wet and it feels like I am trying to peel toothpaste off of paper, but yet still keep it in some strip like form. What a gooey mess!!


GRRRRRRRRRRR


I am thinking this is ridiculous and by now Hailey is irritated by my slothfulness of getting her snack to her and she is now opening another Yogo and attempting to do a repeat performance. I can see that this could turn into a vicious cycle and I must stop it now..LOL


So needless to say after this box of is all gone it will probably be awhile before we purchase these babies again. Not to mention the boys aren't really loving the snack either..Of course, they only like 1 flavor and so the other flavors are left to be halfway consumed by the impatient do-it-yourself 2 yr old. 15 down, 27 to go!


9 Comments:

  • I totally understand how you felt! Kids have nopatience sometimes, when they just CAN'T wait for you! lol. i had never heard of these snacks. I'm glad to get a little insight on them!

    By Blogger Jules, at October 16, 2007 at 4:07 PM  

  • Oh...you have to try the YoGo balls! I love the strawberry ones! They are little so very Hailey-friendly. And they taste so good. I haven't tried the fruit roll up kind. Maybe I don't want to...the toothpaste description was pretty strong. LOL

    By Blogger Steff, at October 16, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

  • Yuck! Nothing like a two year old to make an enormous mess for Mommy.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at October 16, 2007 at 8:49 PM  

  • That does sound really messy. Yuck!

    By Blogger Nadine, at October 17, 2007 at 8:18 AM  

  • we recently bought each of the kids a fruit roll up when they were all wanting something at the grocery store (they were 3 for $1) anyway, yah, Anthony tried biting his off the plastic instead of pealing it off; so I know EXACTLY what your talking about! I decided no fruit roll-ups again (unless Anthony doesn't see them!)

    By Blogger Tish, at October 17, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

  • Oh the patience of a 2 year old. LOL

    Just recently I found Disney princess fruit chews. CUTE! Pink packages... I bought them for me because the package was so cute!!

    Awhile back I bought something called gushers. It sounded like a good thing... chewy fruity treats with extra flavor inside. Nope. My boys hated them. I still have at least one package out of a package of 6. Whoa... I'm telling ya, snacks just don't last that long around this house. They really don't like these things.

    By Blogger Mrs. Mom, at October 17, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

  • I just bough some of thoes myself...the kids liked the flavor I got and Hayden isn't quite to the age he has to do it his self so they worked out fine for us, however I did by some gogert and even with me feeding it to him it was a huge mess!

    By Blogger Marisela, at October 17, 2007 at 12:48 PM  

  • Ha! Great description because I could totally picture her getting all impatient with you!

    PS...Tell Trina good luck with the new computer and she is missed!

    By Blogger Lori, at October 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

  • Ha Ha I have a little one right at this stage and when she does except help it has to be from one specific person. Which can also be a pain.

    By Blogger Barbara Reed, at October 24, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home