Thursday, November 8, 2007

Another Update ( This is a good one!)

Well it is official..We have a closing date!!!!!!!! Dec. 5th to be exact and then my family is Oregon bound...well sort of. Need a little more info?..Okay I'll give up the details..hehe
Last Wednesday night (Halloween) Rusty had taken the boys around the neighborhood begging for candy..hehe and I stayed home to pass it out. Well one of the trick-or-treaters was the family that had expressed interest in our house a few weeks ago. We had heard that they put an offer in on another house, but we were their 2nd choice...
Well he asks me if we are gonna be around this weekend because they want to come take another look at our house. I was like "SURE!"
So they came over Sat. and looked around and chatted with Rusty a bit and told him that they would call us with an offer. Well Sun. morning was Dinner Day at church and I need some more flour tortillas for my sour cream enchiladas. Rusty ran to the store really quick to grab them for me. He sees that same man at the store and the man flags him down and gives him an offer!! Rusty comes home and we discuss it. After church we call the man back and counter.
Then on Monday morning he calls me and accepts the offer plus wants to come over that night to sign some papers and get the paper work going because they want to close by Dec. 5th!!!
Can you believe that???
We showed the house, got an offer, countered, and then accepted with paper work signed and ready to go in a 56 hr. time span!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So now our new mission is to find a house, pack this house, and be ready to move in 21 very short days!!
We plan on moving down there on the weekend of the 1st. Rusty will stay down there and start work and I will come back up here and stay until the boys get out of school on Christmas break and my sister-in law Jalea has her baby.
Anyhoo that is the plans and they are moving like wildfire. So I guess you probably won't be hearing much from me..Just quick pop-in here and there.
The Lord has been so good to us that I can't thank him enough! I am soo excited to start another chapter in our lives!!!

14 Comments:

  • I am not at all surprised at the timing of all of this, God is good! He has his plan and he is working it all out just beautifully. I am excited for you and will be praying for you. Things are going to get crazy with moving, baby, chrismas, ect. Good Luck!

    By Blogger Chantel H, at November 8, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

  • That is so amazing and so awesome!! You know you felt like the Lord showed you November and basically this whole thing took place in November and you will be out of your house on the last day of November. How amazing is that? I am so thrilled that the Lord showed you with that sort of detail and it worked out. I can't wait til you get here!!!

    By Blogger Trina, at November 8, 2007 at 12:37 PM  

  • Wow, that is so exciting. I must admit I am a little jealous though. But it just isn't time yet. So good luck with the move and hopefully we will see you soon.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at November 8, 2007 at 6:14 PM  

  • That is so great! Isn't it wonderful how God works things out? It will be so nice to have another family here. I'm looking forward to it.

    By Blogger Marisela, at November 8, 2007 at 6:33 PM  

  • Oh...exciting! I'll be thinking about you! Congrats!

    Before you pack up your kitchen, post that sour cream enchilada recipe!!! :-)

    By Blogger Lori, at November 8, 2007 at 8:01 PM  

  • Ditto to everyone else! Congratulations, congratulations. Get busy, girl.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at November 9, 2007 at 5:17 AM  

  • That is absolutely AMAZING!!! I can clearly see God working this one out for you! Which is sooo neat! I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for you guys :) I hope to meet you when we go to Oregon sometime in the Spring or Summer.

    By Blogger Jules, at November 9, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

  • Congratulations Mary!!! I am so happy you are finally moving forward. The Lord works in His time, so there must have been a reason. I know Trina needs you there, especially during this fragile time. So maybe I will see your family on our trip, Lord willing we take.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at November 9, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

  • Glad things are moving along for you know. Seems like happens that way..and first you are just waiting and then before you know it, you are rushing...hehe. :-) Hope the move goes well and you get settled in before christmas! ttyl

    By Blogger Beth, at November 9, 2007 at 1:43 PM  

  • Thats Great news! It will be nice having you closer.

    By Blogger Mom of 3, Aunt of 16, at November 9, 2007 at 8:56 PM  

  • How exciting! 21 days will pass so quickly. I'll be sending prayers for a smooth transition and move. God is good! :)

    By Blogger Steff, at November 10, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

  • Congratulations!!! It always works out!! You have so much work to do with packing!!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at November 11, 2007 at 5:40 AM  

  • WOW! I would guess that you're excited! Well, I hope everything continues to just fall into place and prove the power of God.

    By Blogger Sabriena, at November 12, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

  • Good luck with the move!

    By Blogger Tan, at November 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home