Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baseball Fever

So Baseball season has officially started!! My boys are super pumped to be out there again. Since moving, I think they have felt a little out of the loop so to speak. Although we have stayed pretty busy, it has been a different busy. The boys were used to getting home from school and spending the rest of the afternoon until dark playing out side and enjoying the neighborhood kids (for the most part.hehe).
But here we live in a cul-de-sac of all girls and no park to play at. Now don't think that I pity them or anything because their life isn't bad at all, but I know they miss the pick-up games, hide and go seek, and such.
So with baseball season being here it will give them something to look forward to and a little physical activity that doesn't involve my couch or coffee table as the arena..hehe
Rusty is helping coach Jake's team and the other coach seems extremely nice so that is a plus. Jarred on the other hand had his first practice last night. Needless to say I was NOT impressed.
When Rusty went to the coaches meeting a couple of weeks ago, we had Jarred signed up for Tee-Ball. Well Rusty got to talking to some of the Dads/Coaches and they all acted like we should probably move him up. So we Did. Now I'm not so sure.
I think as far as playing he will be okay, but this little team he is on seems very "Cliquish." Which is fine, believe me I am not looking for a new best friend, but the fact that we are the new kid in town and my son happens to be the only Kindergartner on the team, well we already have 2 strikes against us. So again, last night my irritation level was on the rise....Sigh
But it will all work out, it always does.
So now between the two kids we are having practice about 3 or 4 times a week until the games start and then 3 or 4 games a week plus some practices squeezed in here and there. Can't wait for Hailey to get in on the mix...Good Times..LOL
It is a lot of work but it is worth it to see the kids having fun. If anybody knows us at all then they know we like our sports around here, so all the practices and games aren't really that hard to handle, for now. Ask me in about 2 months..LOL

25 Comments:

  • Wow you are going to be a busy woman. I hope things work out for the best with Jarred's team.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at March 19, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

  • Sounds llike you are going to be super busy. I hope the team warms up to Jarred, and he has a fun season.

    By Blogger Marisela, at March 20, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

  • I can't even imagine. I'm sure that is what people think about us and hunting. To each his own eh? Hope this season is fantastic for you all and that the boys get through the awkward stages quickly.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at March 20, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

  • Woohoo! I am so excited about spring. Just to get rid of this horrid snow.

    By Blogger JoAnn, at March 20, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

  • Oh Mary.. I hope Jarred starts feeling better with his team. At least you are going to be a good busy this season. I love how you run for you children Mary.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at March 20, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

  • Now that baseball is kicking in to full gear your boys are going to be so happy and so busy. They are both quite the ball players, and I mean that! Enduring the cliquish crowd though is miserable. Hopefully, they will quickly realize what an asset your family is to the team and appreciate you. After all, you were helping me with the wrestling tournaments and concession stands before your boys were even involved. They are lucky to have you!!

    By Blogger Trina, at March 20, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

  • I hope they have a great season. I remember those days with Joshua.

    By Blogger momto3blessings, at March 20, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

  • I don't know how you keep up with all those schedules! But, I do love kids baseball/softball games. FUN!

    By Blogger Lori, at March 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

  • It sounds like Spring has sprung at your house too! I enjoyed looking at your wedding pictures. That was a familiar background in them. We have lived here at Oklahoma City for over 3 years now! Nobody lies when they say time flies!

    By Blogger Skylene, at March 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

  • Awww. I hope the team starts acting nicer towards Jarred. That stinks! Baseball is so fun, hopefully the season will get much better and he'll enjoy it! Taylor loves baseball. I'm not sure if it is too late to sign her up out here or not, but I'm going to try. She amazes me at how she can hit the baseballs, way better than I can ;) Anyway, hope you guys have a fun season!

    By Blogger Jules, at March 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

  • Okay, I know that this is what everybody else said, but sounds like you're going to be quite busy! I, too hope everything works out. Of course, I'm sure it will, however He decides.

    By Blogger Sabriena, at March 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

  • happy easter

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 23, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Kalisha, at March 25, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

  • Here I am, back again.

    I just wanted to let you know that I have set my blog to private. If you would like to see it as much as I would like you to see it, you can e-mail me. You can get my e-mail address from Aunt Chantel (I don't want anybody seeing my e-mail address out there on the internet). If you e-mail me, I will add you. Thanks!

    By Blogger Sabriena, at March 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

  • Hey girl, I am waiting on another post.... Is ball keeping you busy? Hope to hear from you soon.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at April 5, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

  • I heard that some of my buddies didn't get their invites, so I'm resending to all who haven't responded. If you don't get yours then email me at littlegale@cascadecarrier.com and we can figure it out.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at April 6, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

  • Mary Where are you. Haven't heard from you in weeks.

    By Blogger JoAnn, at April 7, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

  • Now MARRY I am getting real antsy for a new post. Don't make me come out there!!!

    By Blogger Cherrie, at April 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

  • Please post soon.

    By Blogger Sabriena, at May 2, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

  • You must be really busy. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    By Blogger Nadine, at May 3, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

  • Well, when you finally get back on the computer, you will see that everybody (including me) has been very patiently awaiting a post.

    By Blogger Sabriena, at May 23, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

  • Okay... baseball season has GOT to be over by now, right??? LOL.

    By Blogger Jules, at June 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

  • We all miss you Mary, please come back!

    By Blogger Chantel H, at June 10, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

  • Okay Mary, I know you're out there. I saw your on Trina's blog. I'm going to hunt your number down pretty quick so that I can keep in touch with you a bit.

    By Blogger Chantel H, at June 13, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

  • 3 months tomorrow (*wink~wink*)

    By Blogger Jules, at June 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home