Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hawaii Pictures

Well I finally got around to downloading pictures from my new camera to my PC...Boy did that take awhile. I believe it was like 560 pics....crazy, huh? Anyhoo I thought I would put up a few shots from Hawaii. It was absolutely beautiful there!!


We went to the island of Kauai and the scenery was breath taking. We were quite the busy little bees there. We went on a helicopter ride (one of the best parts of the trip), kayaking combined with a hike to a amazing waterfall (tons of fun), a luau, and a dinner cruise (low point of the trip), not to mention sight seeing and snorkeling here and there. I haven't let my sweet sister-in-law personally approve any pics yet, however she did approve their appearance on my blog so they are at my mercy..hehe




This was our first morning in Hawaii....


Here the guys are waiting on us outside of Wal-Mart..yes I said Wal-Mart!! We were on a budget, Okay!!..LOL


A little stream that ended up being a waterfall as it rushed off the cliff


Here we are doing a little sight seeing...Checking out the old Lighthouse..





Here area couple of shots that we took in the helicopter...What a pretty island!!!!!


Our tour guide was so great..funny and witty..My kind of combination. As you can see we got the one with the doors off and it was QUITE CHILLY!!!


Here we are at a restaurant called Coconuts..It was pretty good, but kind of pricey. Sorry about the background craziness on this pic.


Rusty and I at the waterfall that we kayaked 2 1/2 miles and then hiked another mile to....


Rusty and I at the Luau...

A picture of our Hotel..It was right on the beach so that was really neat.


The convertible that we shared with James and Lisa....


Us on the nauseating dinner cruise..hehe


Here we are, the Fab Four, wind blown, sun burned, and sea salt plastered to our faces..Our last evening in Kauai...


There are tons and tons more pics, but this overall was our trip..it was so much fun and I am so glad we got to go!!

12 Comments:

  • AH! I'm so jeleous! HEHE. I REALLY want to go now! When you said you went with family, it didn't dawn on me that it was Lacy's parents. I know quite a few people from Vici, that's where my grandparents were from, so I still have a lot of family there. Anyway, those pictures are beautiful. My two favorites are: The one of you and Rusty in front of the waterfall, and the sunset. Gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you had company, I'm sure it was nice for Rusty to get to spend time with his brother also :) But I am so glad you guys hd a great time! And thanks for the pictures, I enjoyed them :)

    By Blogger Jules, at March 3, 2008 at 6:15 AM  

  • Looks like a blast! So glad that you had a good time.

    By Blogger meNmykids, at March 3, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

  • Yeah you didn't make us wait a month to see the pictures. They are gorgeous pictures, I so love Hawaii and want to go back even more know. We only went to Maui, but it was a blast. You guys sounded very busy while you was there. Thanks for posting so soon. I can't wait to move out there and get to know you better.

    By Blogger Cherrie, at March 3, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

  • The pictures are great!!!! Looks like so much fun.

    By Blogger Beth, at March 3, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

  • Wow ,It looks like you guys had a blast .But I was so sure that the Big news was going to be something else haha.Like doesn't Hailey need a baby brother or sister.hehe.

    By Blogger michelle, at March 3, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

  • Great pictures! Looks like so much fun! I would love to go someday.

    By Blogger Marisela, at March 4, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

  • What beautiful photos Mary and I loved all the shots of the 4 of you. It is amazing how Rusty and James look so much alike. And.. I love the thought of kayaking through clear blue water in Hawaii with no children. Hmmm... Paradise. Thanx for sharing all the photos.

    By Blogger Mrs.Martin, at March 4, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

  • Nice pics! Even on my terrible computer. (The moniter is going out) So glad you had a good time.

    By Blogger Mom of 3, Aunt of 16, at March 4, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

  • That trip was definitely memorable for a tenth anniversary! I am so glad that you guys got to do it, and with James and Lisa nonetheless. The pictures all turned out amazing. There is definitely some frameable ones in that bunch, I hope to see them on your wall eventually!!

    By Blogger Trina, at March 4, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

  • It looks like you guys had a great time. It makes me want to go! Of course Matt and I haven't "earned" a vacation like that yet. We still have 3 more years to go! We do plan to go to the coast for a couple days without our children for our Anniversary this year. It's not the same as Hawaii, but it will be nice.

    By Blogger Tish, at March 5, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing - lots of good ones. I like the one of you two in front of the waterfall. I would love to go there someday although I don't think I could stomach the helicopter ride especially with no doors! scary!

    By Blogger Lori, at March 5, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

  • Hi! We just got back from our first trip to Hawaii and we were looking for other people who had recently gone and found yours!

    We stayed in the same hotel in Kauai!

    It is so funny because we have a picture just like the one you took of the Resort Quest on Kauai because we stayed in that building in the suite above the lobby!

    We had a great time there and enjoyed shopping at the Coconut Market every night. Thanks for sharing your pictures and we had a great time exploring the Napali Coast too...how couldn't you love it!?

    By Blogger Trip Sister, at March 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home